Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And the winner is...................................

Thank you all for your ideas. And I know you're all anxiously awaiting to know who won!

As for Hensley's middle name........drum roll, please!...........well.............here it goes...............Secret. No, not her name, "Secret". We're gonna keep it a "secret"...until she's born. Our intentions are to start a family feud over her middle name. That way she will always feel special! Oh, by the way, we're only a month away to her due date, 12/10/09. For those of us who would like to continue playing guessing games, feel free to guess when Hensley will actually be born, her weight, her length (Does anyone else find it interesting that babies are referred to in terms of "length" rather than "height"?), hair color (bald is a hair color...a really nice hair color), and anything else that you think could be fun!

And for the blog name, the finalists were "Happy We Be" and "The Hamptonings". Aaaannnnnnd....the winner is........"THE HAMPTONINGS"!!!! Congrats to Honey! You are the winner! You have won Bragging Rights for a whole year!!! Or longer if you'd like. "The Hamptonings" will be coming soon. We have lots of life-changing events happening in our world right now, so we have lots of updating to do.

I wanted to mention one more thing before I go. In one day, Dylan learned that Santa Claus says "Ho! Ho! Ho!" He doesn't even know who Santa Claus is, yet. That kid is super smart! Must get it from his Momma! He also gets his eating habits and "Cheese" smile from is Momma, too! :)


9 comments:

Hunny said...

WOOHOO!! Thank you, thank you very much! Now, I'm just waiting to find out that I, yes little ole me, have given Hensley her middle name. Oh yeah, I'm feeling pretty lucky. :)

STU said...

THE HAMPTONINGS?!?!?!?! Ummmm...didn't you see my comments? I'm pretty sure you missed my comments because they were pretty fantastic. Like 'WOAH' good.

Post a picture of Laura's belly so I can guess Hensley's weight. I need to see how big she is.

ps. haha. Dylan makes me laugh.

Auntie Dev said...

So do I get the Sliver? Maybe your tag line can say "Happy We Be!" Just a thought....

Hensley's Stats:
Dec. 4th @ 7:53 PM
8 lbs 1 oz
20 inches
lovely brown locks
tiny fingers and shrimp toes

Hunny said...

I think I have my predictions. Drum roll please...ahem...
Date: Dec. 8th
Weight: 8# 10 oz.
Length: 19 inches
(I agree with Devanee; light brown hair and shrimp toes.)

Unknown said...

Anna's predictions:
Hensley Anna Caroline-
Dec. 7th @ 9:15pm (two hours after our plane lands so we would drive straight to the hospital)
8 lbs 7 oz
20 inches
and she will be very proud of her shrimp toes..its a chapman thing :)

Nathan's predictions
Dec. 9th @ 7:45pm
8 lbs 8 oz
21 inches

The Goodnight's can't wait to meet her!

Corley said...

It looks like Nathan is the only one still in the running for accurate prediction of date of birth, but I didnt look at any older posts...You know, names are a funny thing...you cant even use some of the good names, cause there was always someone in your 5th grade class who stuck a pencil lead in your finger, or one in kindergarten who had their finger up their nose in the class picture (do I sound like I speak from experience?) But I'm sure her name will be as beautiful as she is. Have fun at the Birthday Party!

Corley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corley said...

It's really irritating when the computer zaps out on you and you think it didnt post, so you redo it and all of the sudden you look like an idiot cause you said everything twice!! I thought I did pretty good trying to remember everything I said the first time.

Corley said...

Hey, did you know you can delete a comment? Really cool, so I deleted the duplicate...now who looks like a computer genius??